Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Water and Mickey

No, the two don't go together, but I have two thoughts to share and I only feel like writing one post.

First, the water. It appears that Sam is afraid of it. He will not get in the baby pool - at our house or a friend's. He'll stand outside it and splash around, but that's it. If a toy floats a way, he'll step in far enough to grab it and then reach for me with a panicked look on his face to help him out. I tried sitting in it with him, no luck. Yesterday we went to a splash park with a bunch of fountains, he cried the entire time - it was his "scared" cry. How did this happen? He loves his bath! As a child I LIVED at the pool in the summers. This will not do. So what to do next...keep exposing him? Take him to a "big pool" where we can hold him in the water? Mommy and me swim lessons?

Second, Mickey Mouse. Sam got this fantastic push toy/ride on for his birthday from our neighbors. Its shaped like and airplane - with propeller and all - and is Mickey Mouse themed. My point isn't really about how much Sam loves it, although he does. My point in mentioning it is what I realized this morning: every time I hear Mickey's voice come from that toy it makes ME happy inside. I think that hearing his voice makes me think of all kinds of Disney magic and childhood fun. It makes me happy that I get to experience all of that again with Sam.

No comments: