Thursday, February 3, 2011

Seriously, Y'all?

Yesterday it was 19 degrees when we woke up. Now I think that's cold no matter where you're from. But cold enough to cause such an uproar? I think not.

Yesterday we had rolling blackouts - something about a burst pipe at some electric substation or something. But even with that problem I find it VERY difficult to believe we were using anywhere near as much electricity yesterday as we do when its 105 and humid in August week after week. I mean, we have gas heat! (Disclaimer: we never lost power at the house. It went out twice when we were at bible study and Chris's office lost it a few times.)

Around lunch today HISD (Houston Independent School District) announced that all schools will be closed tomorrow. Why? Because there is snow in the FORECAST. I mean, why wait to see if it actually snows or not when you can go ahead and shut down ahead of time?

Toto, I don't think we're in the Midwest anymore!

No comments: