Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Playing Together

Annabelle has her first cold, and Sam is concerned.  He keeps asking to take her to the doctor, and since I keep refusing, he decided to take matters into his own hands.



They played doctor for 10 minutes.  Both my kids were happy and occupied for 10 minutes.  I can see now how having a built-in playmate is going to be life-changing, for all of us.  Now granted, I was closely supervising since my 3 year old was "doctoring" my baby, but still, they occupied each other for 10 minutes.

And they both loved it.  She was so happy to be a part of his game.  He was so happy to have a willing participant who was captivated by his every word.

At one point Sam asked me, "Is it polite if I take her clothes off to give her a shot?"  You see, we've started talking about when it is and is not polite to be naked.  Sam is still has very little concept that nakedness isn't for the world to see.  And while she is a baby and it really doesn't matter, I really don't want Sam thinking that he can take clothes off of his other friends to play doctor.  Yikes!  So I said it was not polite, but that I would get her arm out so that he could administer a shot.

1 comment:

James said...

I love this picture of them both, such a caring big brother and such love in his sister's eyes for him!!!