Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dance Class

There was never really a debate in my mind.  Sam's first organized extra-curricular activity began in the fall of his 3-year preschool year.  Annabelle's would be the same, and it would be Ballet.  Did I ask her about the activity selection?  No!  I mean, she didn't know the difference between gymnastics and ballet at the time we needed to register.  But I did take her with me to register in person, which got her very excited.  "I'm going to take ballet when Sam starts school.  Want to see my ballet clothes?"




I mean.  Be still my heart.  These pictures received more "likes" on Facebook than anything else I've ever posted.

Yes, I put her hair in a bun for her first class.  I can still do a bun on myself without a mirror in less than a minute, so it only took me an extra minute to adapt to her thing, curly hair.  But no, I have not done it since.  That day will come.

The class is actually half ballet/half tap. Right now she is enjoying the tap more.  This isn't really all that surprising.  Her favorite part is when they all use their taps to wake up a friend who is pretending to be asleep.  She loves leaping during ballet, but literally stands there perfectly still when they have a chance to "free dance" and twirl around the room.  What does that say about her personality?






Will dance be her thing?  Obviously its too early to tell.  But its nice for a mom to dream!


*It is important to me that I qualify this class choice.  I had a different dance school selected.  Yes, I researched dance programs for my three year old.  I wanted to start her at a school that was technically sound with all the signs of a structured, proper ballet school.  I found that school, but it's preschool classes are during Annabelle's preschool.  You can expect her to be switching in Kindergarten.

No comments: