Monday, March 23, 2009

Ohio Baby Shower

Yes, I was blessed to have baby showers on back to back weekends! Had to fit them both in before I have to stop flying. I am glad to be done flying for awhile - its amazing how I can be completely comfortable in my every day life, but as soon as I sit in an airplane seat my body starts to rebel against me. But I digress...

This trip was great because so many people came into town! Both of my grandmothers came in from Cleveland and my aunt flew in from DC. DeLisa Ferguson (Matriarch of the Ferguson Clan, with whom we are lifelong friends, and shower hostess) brought brought 7/9 of the clan with her. We got to meet Hayden, who was born in October and will be the first in the next generation of the Stairstep Photo. Poppy will be step number two.


The ladies had a lovely time at the shower while the men spent the afternoon watching basketball at BW3's. We enjoyed lovely finger foods (especially the petit fours!) while playing a few shower games, during which time the generation gap became quite apparent. I don't think that anyone under the age of 40 knew more than 3 of the correct endings to the nursery rhymes, but we all did much better in coming up with the names of the TV children from various sitcoms.








I had so much fun visiting with everyone! And Poppy did quite well, thanks to the many generous gifts. Bottles, clothes, toys, books, blankets, bedding, you name it. One of my favorites was from Uncle Matt - he gave Poppy a stuffed lamb that plays music, just like his own Lambie that he loved (loves) for so many years.

No comments: