Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feathering the Nest

I feel like I've been assembling Poppy's room for months now, and I guess I have. But I have finally reached the point where I can say that the room is as ready as its going to be before Poppy is born. The last element was completed over the weekend when Joanne artfully drew, and I painted, the elephant on the wall. There's still no artwork or pictures hanging on the walls, but that is going to wait. Once we have a name and a gender, then we'll hang some things up and it will REALLY be done.

As for the rest of the nest, I can't say I've been feathering it, but I have been cleaning it. Things that normally don't bother me all of the sudden seem priorities that must be addressed immediately. My house has no piles - I think its the first time since we moved in. I still feel like there is much left to be done on the cleaning front, but I'm running out of energy to get it done.

No comments: