Friday, April 17, 2009

The Growing Belly...Part IV


I've reached the point where I wake up each morning feeling bigger than I did when I went to bed the night before. Some days Chris even agrees that yes, it does look like I got bigger today.


I have prided myself on keeping my balance and flexibility throughout this pregnancy. I still wear my heels to work daily and haven't really run into anything, or any of those things you often here pregnant women saying. However, in the past few weeks I have lost one skill: the ability to stand on one leg while putting a sock on the opposite foot at the gym. Its not that I can't balance on one leg (even pregnancy can't kill 17 years of ballet training), but with my body in that position I just can't seem to reach my foot with my arms. Can't bend enough. I feel a little like T-Rex. Luckily this problem can be resolved by sitting on the bench. The issue of painting my toenails is not as easily resolved. So please don't judge me for the chipped polish on my tootsies - its just not worth the effort at the moment. Time to redeem that pedicure gift card I got for Christmas...


These latest pictures were taken at 36 weeks and 3 days, less than 4 weeks before my due date. I can now count the remaining time period in days rather than months or weeks, and have reached the 90 range of "percentage of pregnancy completed." Let the waiting begin!

No comments: