Saturday, September 17, 2011

Preschool

So, we've finished our first three weeks of preschool at the Hunniford House. How's it going? Really well!

The mornings are great - he jumps out of the car and grabs my hand, "hold hands, parking lot and street!" Once in his classroom he grabs his lunchbox and puts it in his cubby - he knows which one of his, first time, every time. Yesterday, immediately after he put his lunch away, he declared "I'm going to go play with that!" and pointed to the table with peg boards. I asked for a hug and kiss, he obliged. Then quickly sat down and got to work. He looked up at me and said, "Bye Bye, Mommy!"

His teachers say he does really well during the day. He's even eating his lunches!!! One day he chose not to paint, but I am told that happens from time to time - 2-year-old texture issues. I get to hear small snippets about his day, about as much as my little guy can recount in linear fashion.

Naptime is a different story. At first he was "opposed to the idea of the napmat" (said teacher b). He's adjusted to the concept, but with the no-paci-rule, he isn't sleeping well. On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons he is TIRED and cranky. We had to leave the library yesterday in pure meltdown mode. But he is sleeping longer at night and at naptime on non-school days, so I think he is making it up. Hopefully this will improve.

And what am I doing? I'm so busy! My bookkeeping job about half the time, cleaning the house, doctor's appointments, etc. I've only actually gotten out to run errands once so far! I thought I was going to get all these projects done. HA! I think I need to work on my time management...

So we are adjusting. We aren't totally set yet, but we (most importantly, Sam) are having fun! He loves his teachers, his friends, his days. Hooray!

No comments: