Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yule Time Fun

In between solving renovation problems, moving back into our house and packing up to leave again, our family did actually manage to prepare a bit for Christmas this year!

Even if we couldn't decorate the inside of the house, I wanted to do the outside. But then it rained one weekend and Chris was sick the next. I thought I was out of luck all together. But then Sam and I came home one day to find Daddy on the roof. He had left early to put our lights up and surprise us! I felt so much better to have some decorations up, and Sam had a ton of fun helping Daddy get every string - and every "eye bulb" - ready.


My sweet, sweet husband also brought home a 36" Christmas tree that he strung with lights so that I wouldn't be too bummed that we didn't get to put ours up. Isn't he thoughtful?!

Over the month of December Chris and I enjoyed listening to Sam sing one of the songs he'd learned at school. He'd grab a bell and cheer, "Ring those bells and jump up high! Ring those bells and stomp your feet!" Sometimes we even heard it from his bed once he'd gone down for the night. We heard it a lot. So you can imagine how excited I was to see this arrive in my inbox:



Finally, I decided months ago that I wanted to attempt a gingerbread house with Sam this year. Then we started renovating and I quickly realized my visions of crafting it all from scratch were beyond unrealistic. So I bought a kit, thinking surely we'd find an hour to put it together. Well, we ended up taking that still-closed kit with us to Florida and Sam woke me up on Christmas eve asking to do our special craft (seriously, it was the very first thing I did that day, so please don't judge my appearance!). Well, we finally got it done! He enjoyed eating the candy and placing it on my icing dots, and I had fun finishing it up with some prettier details. I think next year is our year for the homemade one!

Next up...Christmas in Florida!

No comments: