Monday, July 16, 2012

Happenings

A few weeks ago Sam asked to feed Annabelle.  It was the first time he asked.  They both enjoyed it, although it didn't last long.  And how awesome are those Fire Truck Jammies, courtesy of Mommy's friend Megan?!


The other day Sam asked me to come to his room to see his dolphin.  I expected to find a puzzle piece or stuffed animal.  Instead, he proudly pointed to his magnadoodle.  "Look!  I gave it eyes and hair and and mouth and see how its swimming in all the water?!"  He was proud.  And, because it is the first time he has attempted to draw a thing, not just scribbles, without a teacher's prompt, I was very proud, too.  I only wish he would have composed his masterpiece on a more sustainable medium.


Many blogs told me that if I dressed like a cow, then Chick-Fil-A would give me free food.  So we did, and so they did!  Not only was it entertaining for Sam, who got to practice his fine motor scissor skills while making his own spots, but it was also free dinner that I didn't have to cook or clean.  And Sam decided he loved the big cow.  "Cowie!  Hi Coooowwwwieeee!"


Finally, I feel like a real mom now.  I have a car pool for preschool AND I will be room mom for Sam's class in the fall.  Woa.


1 comment:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

:-)

Love the hugs for Cowie!!!!