Friday, October 19, 2012

Zoo Boo!

Sam and I had such fun last year (and I guess Annabelle was there, too, but I cannot account for the level of fun she achieved that day) that we just had to go back to Zoo Boo again this year.  And once again, his little buddy Leo came with us!

Sam is executing a bit of a "Tour de Costume" this year.  Last weekend, for a Halloween-themed birthday party, he was a Steelers Football Player, but today he chose to go as Bob the Builder.  Its nice to have a well-stocked dress-up collection this time of year.  Bob was a good choice because we could use the tool box as his treat bag.  Fun!

Annabelle is a bumble bee this year.  So stinkin cute.

We hit up all the special Zoo Boo activities: tattoos, games, trick-or-treat stations, pumpkin painting, and a monkey coloring station.  Sam chose to hang his monkey on the paper tree with the others, Leo chose to bring his home. 

Of course we also rode the carousel and ate lunch on the giraffe viewing platform.

I made a very real attempt at getting a cute fall picture of my two squirmers together, but this is the best I could do.  Annabelle was pulling at the dirt and trying to crawl away while Sam was trying to select the perfect pumpkin to paint.  Why can't these children focus!
 

Once the kids had shed their costumes (I can't blame them, it got up to 85 degrees while we were there), Annabelle had her turn enjoying the elephant.

Leo's grandma and I realized on the way out that we really only saw 3 animals today - the elephants, bears and giraffes.  Oops!  There's always next time!




No comments: