Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Noah's Ark

Yesterday we met some friends from church for a little swim outing.  I'm sure you can see why it is called "Noah's Ark Pool."  It is actually owned and operated by a large church!  We had a nice time, but after evaluating the day I can say for certain that we don't need to go back this year.  Annabelle is a bit small to take advantage of the slides and tunnels (although she did enjoy a few trips on my lap!) and Sam is actually a little big for the "baby pool" and kept asking to go swim on the big side.  Still, I'm glad we went.

As soon as we walked in, Sam was asking to get in.  Lifeguards on duty, 12 inches of water...go for it dude!  Before I knew it he was at the top of the ark ready to go down the slide.  My heavens how his confidence in the water has changed in the last few months.  Didn't ask me how to climb up, didn't need my encouragement to slide down. 

Like I mentioned, he got bored on the little side so when the other big kids went over to the "big pool" we followed.  He watched a friend (3 years older) jump off the board, turned to me and asked if he could try.  I didn't even suggest it.  I quickly assessed the distance from the board to the side, the height of the board, and my observations from our own pool to determine that he could do it. 

And do it he did.  No hesitation, no second thoughts.  I know its a very low (1') board, but he is 4!  I was pleased and impressed with his confidence and skill.  He did it over and over and over again.


Until he found the big slide.  Which he did over and over and over again.

What about Baby Girl?  Well, while we were watching Sam go off the board and big slide, she did a lot of this:

And on the baby side, she got a bit more comfortable walking in the water:


And she did surprisingly well climbing up the rainbow slide:

She also spent a lot of time drinking out of the plastic pouring cup (yuck!) and climbing in and out:


There would be a few more pictures of her on some of the attractions if she didn't have to enjoy them in tandem with me, so you'll have to use your imagination and picture us sliding down together and experimenting with the spray of the waterfall.  We are pool buds this year.


They must have had fun because they ate a lot (Sam ate his lunch, minus the crusts of his PB Sandwich, and my lunch.  Annabelle ate her lunch and Sam's PB crusts.  I ate when we got home.) and slept a lot (2 hour nap for him, 3 hour nap for her).  What can I say, we are pool people!

"I Love My Sandwich!"


No comments: