Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wipes

I bought baby wipes today.  I understand that this is not generally considered to be a blog-worthy accomplishment.  After all, I have small children and wipes are very much a part of our every day existence.  However, I feel the announcement becomes a little bit more interesting when I tell you this:

Today was the first time that I purchased baby wipes since before we potty trained Sam.

That was 21 months ago.  Really, I'm not kidding.  How, you ask, is that possible?  Because some lovely friends threw me a Diaper and Casserole Shower when I was pregnant with Baby Belle.  And because its hard to know how many of what size diapers a child will need before she is born, many of my very intelligent friends brought wipes.  You can never grow out of wipes.

So here we are 16 months into Annabelle's life and we just ran out of wipes.  Its actually possible (oh please, let it be possible) that the shower gifts supplied 50% of the wipes she will use in the entire course of her diapered life.  Not too shabby.

For the record, we also received about 5.5 months worth of diapers from that shower.  As well as almost two weeks worth of dinners that went into our freezer.  And a few cute gender-neutral clothing and lovie items.  So to any moms prepping for their second child and thinking they don't "need" a shower (which of course, you don't) - you might consider going this route!

No comments: