Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Autumn-Palooza

Fall seems to be bringing all sorts of fun things for our family to do this year, and this past weekend was no exception. 

Friday we visited our annual family favorite, Zoo Boo.  Once again we attended with Sam's best bud, Leo, and this year his baby brother Eli was along, too.  Big step for us - no stroller at the zoo.  We have graduated to the wagon! 


On the way home Sam asked why we didn't really see any animals at the zoo - umm, I guess we were too busy doing other things?  Like games:

 And don you think for one second that Annabelle was going to just stand around and watch:


Pieces of junk given out as prized to forever clutter my house as prized possessions?  Check!  Un-needed candy from several trick-or-treat stations?  Check!


Of course we stopped to decorate the little pumpkins.  Sam would want you to know that he wrote his name and one of his sight words on his pumpkin, even if you can no longer read them through all of the extra decoration.  (The sight word was "to."  But he spelled it "ot."  But I am still proud because he remembered how to spell it, and wrote it on a pumpkin with a paint marker and it was totally legible.)


Annabelle was in her "dot phase."  Cap off, dot, cap on, repeat.  Freak out when Mommy tried to take the cap.  Cap off, dot, cap on, repeat.  For 10 minutes.



Lunch on the giraffe platform, and the carousel.  AnnieBananie like it much better this time, she even petted her animal a few times.  Sam rode a log with two owls on it, because the owl is their class theme.  I think he likes school this year!


After some playing in various tunnels around the zoo and one very quick mis-placement of my boy around the playground, I took two tired and sweaty kids home with me.


Saturday we went to the first annual Fall Festival in our neighborhood.  I volunteered to help (I thought it would be a good way to meet people, and I was right!), so Sam had anticipated it and was telling everyone about the Park Party we were going to.  Playground time (with friends - we have neighborhood friends now!), Hay Ride, Face painting, Candy hunt, pumpkin decorating and treats.  What more could you want?  Pictures?  Oh, this is the only one I took:


Sunday we went down the block a bit to a block party!  Some neighbors around the corner put it together and it was awesome!  We met so many people that we hadn't yet, I got 2 numbers for new babysitters, we ate good potluck food and the kids played in the street with other kids until the sun was gone.  An excellent end to the weekend.

I think I like fall in Texas!

No comments: