Thursday, June 12, 2014

Girls Weekend in Minneapolis

Good friends are hard to find, so keep the ones you've got.  I'm keeping the ones I found in high school (or elementary school) and it makes me very happy.  After missing one of our annual/semi-annual trips after Annabelle was born, I was so ready to meet up with these lovely ladies again!

Megan hosted us over Memorial Day weekend at her lake-front home in Minneapolis.  I got there first (cheapest airfare by $200 put me on a 7am flight!) and enjoyed a peaceful mid-day to myself, complete with a walk to lunch, run around the lake and a bit of reading before the others showed up.


And the rest of the weekend can me summed up like this: talking, eating, relaxing and wine.  Repeat.


 

No really.  Meri and I ran (that's right, I am finally confident enough to run with her.  Finally.  Although she did have to slow down a bit for me.)  I guess Megan and I did make it to the Mall of America on Monday afternoon after we dropped the others at the airport, but other than that, see above.

And we walked to all of our meals out, driving only to ice cream one evening.


I'm so thankful to have these girls and to be able to talk so openly and honestly with them, even when all of our lives have headed in such different directions since high school graduation.  And I am thankful to my husband, who took a day off of work and managed things around here so that I could have this time away.  I received this picture via text and was sure that I'd be coming home to a disaster zone.  Nope!  The house was clean, legos organized, kitchen spotless.  I think he's a keeper!


No comments: