Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mr. Sunshine

I have been holding off on this post for a few days now because I wanted to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun. But, I have been observing the phenomenon for enough consecutive days to declare that Sam does indeed have his first favorite toy. I know, how can a baby who can't grab anything have a favorite? I would have thought the same thing up until a week ago. But it seems that my little man has a particular preference for a certain one of the colorful, rattling items that hangs from the cross bars on his play mat. Whenever we lay him down, he swings his arms in an attempt to hit the smiling sun with a rattle attached to the bottom (a.k.a. Mr. Sunshine). Sometimes he is able to wrap his arm around it and pull it to his chest. Once or twice he's managed to get a bit of the fabric between his fingers and actually hold it. Every once in awhile he'll go for the dangling bird, and he is intrigued by the crunchy butterfly if you hold it right in front of him, but nothing seems to top Mr. Sunshine. He talks to Mr. Sunshine too - more than he talks to me. Should I be offended by that?

No comments: