Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two Years

Yesterday, Chris and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. Sam had his first babysitter (thanks Betty!) so that we could go out for our first date since he was born. I still feel a bit like I'm abandoning my child when I leave the house without him (yes, even when I leave him with his daddy), but I'm told that will get better with time. He got a good behavior report from Betty, and it certainly helped me to know that I left him in such loving and caring hands.






If you'd had asked my on our wedding day, I never would have guessed that I'd be holding our child in the picture from our second anniversary. Crazy! As much fun as it is to be married to Chris, its that much better now that we have Sam. Its like we've transitioned from two people living their lives together into a real family. I can't wait to see what the next two years - and all those years after - will bring our way.

2 comments:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

I know what Sam is looking at :)

the dowiaks said...

happy anniversary!
it's great to get away for a little bit. date nights are the best!