Monday, October 26, 2009

I Want My Mommy!

When I was pregnant, and for Sam's first few months of life, I longed to have a time where he WANTED me. I hoped that he would look to me for his comfort, support, encouragement and love, rather than just as a source of food ;-) I wanted my hugs to be different than everyone else's.

Well, we're getting there. It seems that Sam is developing some separation issues. Two weeks ago when we walked into the church nursery Sam was happy and content. I handed him to the care giver - who is there every week knows him - he gave his super pathetic face and began to cry. This week we walked in, he took a look around the room and started to cry before I even handed him off. Does he really know what that room means, that mommy is leaving? Apparently so, because all reports are that he was content after I left.

And this morning at bible study, he once again cried when I handed him to the nursery worker. Oh dear. So, should I be happy that Sam wants his mommy or disappointed that he had trouble settling in with others?

No comments: