Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Happy Place

Y'all have seen plenty of pictures of Sam on his playmat. You've heard me talk in the past about his first "favorite toy" that hung above the mat. He used to spend a great deal of time there. But now he is bigger and more able. He loves to spend time in his exersaucer, sitting on a blanket playing with everything he can reach, etc. But I think that playmat still has a special place in his little heart.

Sam often gets fussy at the end of the day - he's just tired and ready for bed. In recent days I've realized that, even during this fussy time, he is calm and content when lying on his back looking up at that familiar, flashing/singing star. No energy required to sit up, he doesn't feel like he needs to reach for everything he can see, he can just relax in his happy place. I guess its his version of unwinding in front of the tv at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we all need a "Happy Place" and Sam is a pretty smart little guy to find his so young. Mine is in my rocking chair listening to quiet music. Thanks for sharing,I love reading your updates.