Friday, January 8, 2010

Why Would I Sit...

When I can stand? That's Sam's new mantra. He is pulling up on everything. He is climbing all over me when I'm on the floor with him. And when he stands at a toy or table, he's constantly looking around for something else to grab so that he can move around the room. The child is desperate to walk. Its a little exhausting in that I can't turn my back for two seconds, but so much fun to watch. Or it was. Until I heard him fussing for a bit of time after I put him down for a nap. I went in to check on him and was greeted by this:And I was greeted by the same standing boy the next two times I tried to put him down for a nap. The standing in the crib would be fine, if he would just lie back down when he was worn out and ready to sleep. But the child hasn't figured out how to sit back down yet. We still had his crib on the highest, "I'm a new baby and can't move" setting. So, yesterday afternoon I lowered his crib mattress to the middle "I can move around but I'm not dangerous yet" setting, thinking my problem had been solved. And 10 minutes after I put him down for his morning nap this morning, I found him standing once again.

Hmph. My life is about to get more complicated.

2 comments:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

When he stood up in the laundry basket here I knew that wasn't too far away! Life is definitely going to be interesting.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.