Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend


We had a wonderful weekend to celebrate Sam's first Easter. Saturday we had BEAUTIFUL weather (I might have a small sunburn to prove it), so after morning nap we took Sam on his first bike ride! I got my bike as a gift for my 25th birthday - it arrived at our home about 6 days before we found out I was pregnant. I rode it regularly until I was about 6 months. Chris got his bike for his 26th birthday, about 3 weeks before Sam was born. So he and I had never actually been on a bike ride together! We needed to fix that! I got a front mounted bike seat from another mom in the neighborhood, and all three of us really loved our first family ride - many happy sounds coming from my squirms, and many smiles from those we encountered on the trail. We are fortunate to have a wonderful new bike trail in our neighborhood and we can now get all the way downtown on our bikes! We're looking forward to many more rides this summer.

After a wonderful church service in the morning, we had a relaxing afternoon while Sam napped. In the late afternoon we had some friends come over for Easter dinner. They have two sweet daughters, 14 months and 3 years, that our little man had a great time trying to keep up with. He found them so entertaining that he didn't even notice that mommy and daddy were busy having adult conversations!












And finally, this morning after I finished brushing my teeth I realized that it was quiet in my house...too quiet. I went to look for Sam, and found him standing at our little end table. My mind quickly thought through what I could have left there that would be intriguing him so much when it hit me: the black jelly beans. My little man had eaten 3 of the 5 discarded jelly beans that Chris and I refused to eat. I didn't think he'd be able chew them, let alone like the taste. Live and learn!

2 comments:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

Great pictures! The last one and the paragraph made us laugh until our sides hurt!

James said...

I agree with Debbie, that picture with what was left of the black jelly beans on his face is so cute and funny. He is the first kid that I know that actually likes or will even try black jelly beans. Thanks so much for sharing the story and pictures. Love, Aunt Judy