Thursday, April 1, 2010

Uncle Geo's Baseball Game

Last weekend Sam and I traveled up to Ohio to visit with my family and celebrate Uncle George. George, my sister's husband, played baseball for Miami University in college and he was honored as the team's honorary captain for the season at their Military Appreciation Day. Fortunately they were able to fit the celebration into the early part of the season, as Captain George is set to deploy to Afghanistan at the end of April. Chris had to stay home to study for a test he has to take this month, but Sam and I spent a wonderful 5 days in Ohio.

The trip marked several milestones for Sam: First hotel stay, first baseball game, first REAL snowfall (yes it was the end of March, but its Ohio!), first introduction to Tori Minder. We were fortunate that some of the Ferguson crew was able to join us for the game on Saturday! Oh, and Sam and my parents' cat Dan got along surprisingly well. They had a very healthy respect for each other! I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

Grandpa took Sam out in the snow for a few minutes...in Daddy's snowsuit!

George throwing out the first pitch:
Sam and Hayden Minder got along pretty well:
We had an open seat next to us on the way home and Sam napped almost the entire flight in it. I even got to read a magazine!

No comments: