Tuesday, May 29, 2012

3 Months

Lady A is 3 months old today!  I write Lady A a lot more than I say it to her.  We're still working out the nic name thing for her, and that bothers me a little bit.  I keep trying to call her Annie, but Sam always corrects me and tells me, "No, Annabelle!"  Ah well, time will tell.

We celebrated her "birthday" today with our first trip to the gym as a three-some.  Her first nursery experience anywhere, actually.  Sam and I had a talk about it, and he decided he would like to take on the role of Big Brother and help her out if she needed him.  All accounts are that they both did well.

Right now she is playing on the floor next to me and actually holding on to one of her toys.  This is new!  So I guess that's a development for ya.  Still no more progress on the rolling, but she is alert and interested in everything around her.  She is without question the happiest when she is able to observe the craziness around her.  One day she was up on my bed all fussy, so I put her on the floor.  As soon as she could watch her big brother and all his craziness, she was perfectly content.

She is our laid back child.  Really, I noticed this before she was even born.  Sam was more active in utero than she was!  She is content unless she is gassy, hungry or tired so it is really not hard to please her.  In fact, is you want a smile, all you really need to do is smile at her first. 

The poor girl may never get on a nap schedule.  Such is the life of a second child.  Always coming and going, or playing outside, she naps in the car seat or swing far more than her brother did.  Fortunately this isn't affecting her night time sleep yet - still falling asleep around 8:30, enjoy a dream feed when I go to bed, and then going through till about 6:30/7.  About 40% of the time she needs a paci around 4 or 5am to fall back to sleep, sometimes I have to help her several times over the course of an hour, but we are hlding firm on not feeding her.  We shall not look back!

I weighed her on the bathroom scale today and that's showing her right around 11 pounds.  If I had to guess I'd say she's 23 inches long.  She is still in 0-3 month clothes, but is just about maxing out the length on most of them.  I'm ok with that though, because she received a lot of little clothes when she was born and we are getting plenty of wear out of them!  People keep telling us she looks like a little doll, and I must say that I have to agree.

I like having her around.

So here is her 3 month list:
Likes:
-Watching Sam play
-Anyone who will smile at her

-Kicking, kicking, kicking

Dislikes:
-Laying down when gassy
-Feeling left out
-Hanging out in a non-moving car seat

No comments: