Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hungry Girl



As promised, we have started feeding the little girl some solid food!  She has been demonstrating all of the signs of readiness - increased ounces at each feed, waking up earlier in the morning, interested in our food at dinner time.  Today in the church nursery she took an entire 8 ounce bottle!

Saturday was the big day.  I mixed up some baby oatmeal at lunch time and off we went!  As you'll see, she didn't really dig the taste too much.  You can use this link to access the video.  Enjoy Sam's commentary, but please excuse his excessive need to move furniture and my unfixed hair.

Tonight's dinner menu included "Fresh, ripe avocado hand-mashed with a splash of breast milk."  She took to it better than the oatmeal, especially once I thinned it out a bit.  She ate a whole slice! 



I pray that she is a better eater than her brother was/is.  I really am not sure I can handle the stresses that he caused me again.  We are off to a good start...



No comments: