Monday, May 13, 2013

Chris Turns 30!

(Let's pretend I posted this on April 10, the day after Chris turned 30.  I didn't post that day because April 10 was the day we closed on our new house, the day I got the contractor started on the cabinets, etc.)

And just like that, I'm married to an old man!  I know that many of our friends these days are older than us - that happens when you have your first kids at 25/26 - and I know that our childhood peers have been turning 30 since September, but it is still weird to me that my husband is now 30.  It just seems so old!

In spite of his birthday coming at an insanely busy period in our lives, I insisted that the occasion be celebrated.  I had visions of a huge party at a fancy location, but Chris was very specific about what he wanted: a night at Top Golf.



 We ended up having about 12 of us for an evening of "golf games," food and beer.  I do not enjoy the game of golf, but I had a really great time and will gladly go back.  It totally didn't matter that very few of us ladies were any good at golf.  The guys took it a bit more seriously, but were still laughing a lot.


And any night that ends with singing "Happy Birthday" over a round of injectible donuts has to be a good one, right?


Happy 30th Birthday, Chris.  I haven't forgotten about your present, I promise! (Please excuse the awful hair.  It was drizzly that night - my hair is useless.)



No comments: