Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Growing Belly...

I always thought that I would be one of those pregnant women that took pictures of her changing body on a weekly - or at least monthly - basis. I continued to believe this in the first few weeks after I found out that I am indeed pregnant. But before I knew it my first trimester was over and my body didn't look any different than the day I took the test. Well, it did to me, but when even your husband can't tell, there's not really much point in taking a picture. And then when I was still wearing my normal clothes at my 19-week ultrasound, I once again decided that pictures at this point would still be pointless.

By the time I moved myself into maternity clothes the week of Christmas, I'd pretty much forgotten about my strives for weekly photos. So from here on out I'm going to do my best to at least get a good picture once per month. I can't promise it will be at exact 4-week intervals, but sometime in each calendar month.


Here are two pictures of me and Poppy on January 9, which is 23 weeks and 2 days gestation for those of you keeping track. I like to think of this as the "cute pregnant" stage - big enough to look pregnant, but not huge and awkward. I was very excited to actually look pregnant on this day. And it appears that I was quite proud to be a Cardinal Health employee that day, as I did not remove my security badge before taking the pictures.

No comments: