Friday, February 27, 2009

Houston Baby Shower



On February 21 my friend Joanne was gracious enough to throw me a baby shower! We had an yummy brunch spread - breakfast casserole, fruit salad, cheddar dill scones, salmon salad sandwiches - all hand prepared by our lovely hostess. She even baked and decorated a cake to match the crib bedding that we will use in the nursery. I wish I had that much talent with frosting! After thinking about all the things we will need to take care of Poppy for 6.5 months, it was so much fun to receive so many of these things as gifts. What generous friends I have! And yes, the gift opening was accompanied by all the requisite "awwws!" that one would expect when baby items are involved. We laughed a lot, too. Especially when Amy acted out her image of someone "catching" a baby being born with the assistance of a receiving blanket brought from home. Yes, Amy, the name would imply that to be their intended use. Thank you, everyone, for enjoying the day and loving my baby with me! And thank you, Joanne, for putting together such a wonderful party!

No comments: