Monday, February 15, 2010

DONE

Today was a monumental day in our house because...

I finally finished making our kitchen curtains.

I started them the week that Chris went to Alaska in June 2008 - before I got pregnant, before our first wedding anniversary. There were many contributing factors to the delay (not the least of which being the main character of this blog), but I mostly have to blame my lack of motivation. So they sat, 90% done, on the floor of our closet for 20 months. And then in a matter of 3 hours this weekend, they were done.

Now let's make some predictions - how long will it take us to get them hung up?

**I apologize, as this has nothing to do with Sam. But I'm just so proud of myself you would hardly believe it. And I'm totally motivated to sew something else. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Kristen E said...

CONGRATS! I know how much you love crossing things off the to do list, so don't forget to do that (even if it means you have to write it down, just to cross it off). :)

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

Wow that's perseverance! Can't wait to see them :-)

Unknown said...

What do you think about placemats? I brought my sewing machine down from my parents and have taken it out numerous times to sew some placemats. Every time I fall in love with a pattern at Williams and Sonoma, I think, I can make that. And I will....someday, but I think it would be a fun project! (and easier than curtains-- very intimidating!)