Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sam's New Ride

As of this afternoon, we are the proud new owners of a Mom-Mobile. I think our Chevy Traverse is pretty cool for a family car and because we got a good deal, it comes with a lot of features. Leather seats, sunroof, power liftgate, Bluetooth connectivity, OnStar ("free" for a year), back-up camera, Bose sound system. We didn't get the DVD player, but we plan to add in when Sam gets a little older.

Sam will be very well protected in his new ride with all kinds of airbags all around him. And now I can relax about my constant fear that I will accidentally lock him in the car with the keys inside, because the lovely OnStar people can unlock it for me :-)

But today we also had to say goodbye to a sweet, old friend. My Jeep served me well for 10 years, driving me to high school, Sam home from the hospital, and everything in between. It made more trips to and from Richmond than I can count, and probably did at least 10 college move-ins/outs. It moved with me to Texas, back to Ohio, and back to Texas again. It can attest to my inability to sing. Although it was giving us a few problems towards the end and certainly was not a family car, I was still quite sad to leave it sitting on the lot today. I hope it goes to a loving home - it would be perfect for a teenager, just like it was for the Sivard kids (all of whom drove it for at least a short time).

2 comments:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

Very exciting - but sad too!

Sophie said...

It also drove a German all the way from Ohio to Washington and back .. :-) Good times - please say 'auf wiedersehen' for me xx