Wednesday, March 31, 2010

11 Months


Can you believe that the next time I write an update like this it will be for Sam's first birthday? I cannot. Not even a little bit. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Squirmy had a very good 11th month of life. He's a very happy baby, most of the time. He's had some off times, but we're thinking those have mostly been due to the two front teeth that keep threatening to make their way into his mouth - up and down they go, bringing a low grade fever with them as they do. Hopefully they'll pop in for good any day now! He also seems to have highs and lows when it comes to eating - some weeks he eats a ton, others hardly anything at all. I'm trying to be better about not stressing on the weeks he doesn't want to eat, because it all seems to even out in the end. Separation anxiety is a continuing struggle for us.

As far as accomplishments for the month, standing independently is the biggest. He can do it on his own, and sometimes even chooses to, but for the most part he still doesn't prefer it. His balance is incredible, and any adult would be thrilled to stay in the kind of squats that he has mastered for as long as he does. He loves to practice walking, he just won't do it by himself.

Also of note: last week we began the slow process of weaning. He got his first bottle of cow's milk right before our trip to Ohio to test the waters and make sure I didn't need to bring a pump with me. He took it just fine, and I almost cried because my baby boy doesn't need me anymore. As sad as I am to say it, hopefully he's completely weaned by his first birthday.

And that brings us to our monthly lists:
Likes:
-Playing Outside
-Opening and Closing Doors (bring on the childproofing!)
-Putting various items into various containers (sometimes this means a toy into your cereal bowl if you aren't watching!)
-Looking out the sunroof in the car
-Dogs and Cats
-Playing Peek-A-Boo

Dislikes:
-Teething
-Being made to stand on his own when he's not in the mood
-Waking up in unfamiliar places
-Mommy and Daddy leaving him anywhere with anyone

**Sorry if the picture quality is poor, it was taken on a phone but I love it and wanted to include it!

1 comment:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

About the time your "baby" boy doesn't need you your "toddler" boy does to kiss boo-boos and help him discover all the walking world has to offer.