Thursday, June 24, 2010

3 Years

Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. I secured "Aunt" Betty to babysit several weeks ago, but informed Chris that I didn't feel like planning anything. Fortunately for me, he took the reigns.

When we left the house I had a pretty good idea where we were headed for dinner, so I thought I'd figured out Chris's grand surprise. Well, I was right - he took me to a wonderful restaurant in the neighborhood that we've been meaning to try forever, and it was delicious. He even picked out a place downtown for us to grab some drinks afterward. I thought his selection of the lounge at Hotel Icon was a bit odd, but chalked it up to his wanting to surprise me with something new and different. We had a lovely time.

When we were done he suggested we walk around - weird, but the hotel is inside an old bank, so maybe he wanted to see the vault? Nope! He led me upstairs to our room for the night and informed me that Betty would be staying at our place all night! What a treat! He'd even left work early to check in and drop our stuff off so I wouldn't be suspicious of anything in the car. Betty and Chris can keep a good secret - I really had no idea (trust me, I would have cleaned my bedroom)!

Thank you, Chris, for my wonderful retreat! I love you! And thank you, Betty, for giving us our first night away together since Sam was born!

2 comments:

hunnifordd@gmail.com said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening - good anniversary ideas must run in the family :D Sooooo nice to have "Aunt" Betty to Sam sit.

Kristen Emerson said...

Hey Linds! Just moments before reading your blog, I was glancing at a picture of our UR crew at your wedding. Happy anniversary! Chris, great job on the surprise!!!