Friday, March 30, 2012

One Month

The other day I opened a credit card statement that ran from February 21-March 20. It was like "The Tail of Two Lives." The first half included charges like the tip for a pedicure and lunch out (by myself, while Sam was at school), while the last half was full of charges at children's clothing stores. There was even a 5 day span where nothing was charged to the card. Considering I charge $0.85 at the post office (I like the points!), this is a remarkable feat.

It has been awhile since I've updated you on our latest addition. Turns out that caring for two small children is quite time-consuming. I have yet to figure out the appropriate balance with which to establish our new normal. Do I get all of the "things" done, or do I spend time with my kids. If I pick the latter, how do I balance which kid I spend more time with? These are my real struggles this time around - very different from my struggles when I brought Sam home. This time, nursing does not intimidate me, nor do her cries, but feeling like my first is neglected in the business does.

So how is Lady A doing? Quite well! While not really a newborn anymore, she still sleeps a good portion of the day. If she's not asleep she really does prefer to be held, so we've experimented some with the Moby wrap. We even used it for our first successful trip to the park, just the three of us! She has started to accept the paci, which can buy me a few minutes when I just can't pick her up, but she doesn't hold onto it well quite yet. She likes to be swaddled because she still just can't figure out what to do with those arms! She successfully took her first bottle the other night, which means there is potential for me to leave the house for longer than an hour and half!

She seems so much bigger to us! I can't tell you a weight (we had to reschedule her weight check to coincide with the OB check-up that was rescheduled for me), but she has grown. She is now in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. Her bows are still too big for her tiny head, but we put one one every day anyhow. A girl should always wear a bow.

And the number one question that is always asked of a new mom: How is she sleeping at night? Right now the answer is really well! I hate to say that, because it is so early and she will certainly regress when she goes through growth spurts, but she is sleeping well at night. Last night I slept for 5 hours, fed her and then slept another 3 hours. Praise the Lord! She has managed to put herself on a "eat every 3 hour" daytime schedule (sometimes I wake her up if she's gone longer), and they say that is the key to nighttime sleep. I had to put Sam on that daytime schedule, which involved a lot of crying, so I am thankful that Little Lady has figured that one out on her own.

Ok, so that brings us to our very first list for Annabelle. At one month...
Likes:
-Being Swaddled
-Being Held
-Daddy's special bouncing technique.
-Warm baths with a full tummy.

Dislikes:
-Burping
-When her bow falls in her eyes
-Being left in the car seat when not in the car or stroller

No comments: