Sunday, March 10, 2013

Annabelle's First Birthday


As promised, Baby Girl had a fun-filled, multi-day first birthday celebration!  There were the streamers and Children's Museum on the 28th.  The 1st began with a present first thing in the morning, per Sam's request) and she enjoyed 2 looong naps IN HER CRIB, followed by dinner out and a scrumptious cookie.  Which she devoured.  The day ended with gifts from family.


  And then on the 2nd, Saturday, was her big party.  This time around I opted for a lunch party and, although it made for a busy morning, I liked it so much better than a dinner thing.  My kids are just in better moods at lunch!  Thankfully, Papa Sivard was in town and helped us get everything ready on Saturday morning.  We were instructed to call him "Carson" - happy to be the downstairs help, concerned with the utmost presentation, but dignified enough to be seen by the invited guests.  (Will I understand that Downton Abbey reference when I ready this on her 21st birthday?  I guess I will now!)

At the peak of the party we had over 30 people here, half of which were children.  It was a busy place, seeing as our house is so small!  But I enjoy that kind of chaos at a child's birthday party.  The little ones took turns eating in the high chair and booster seat, the big kids formed a circle around the coffee table or ate outside. 

I can say with absolute certainly that my floor has never been so dirty in the 6 years we have lived here.  Annabelle crawled around eating crumbs off the floor before I had a chance to vacuum.  Gross.


Different from Sam's first, we had lots of older sibling at this party.  So we borrowed a small bouncer and it was a hit with the kids.  Even the 1-year-olds enjoyed it!  It was a bit chilly, but that didn't seem to stop anyone.

And the cake.  Baby girl really enjoyed her cake.  So much so that she didn't mind having the birthday hat on, which she has tolerated exactly zero other moments of her life.  But how cute is it!  She was pretty into the sparkler candle, too!


I ask you all to note the attention paid to the Leap Frog theme throughout the event.  The same logo was used on the invitations, banner, party favor tags and food labels.  The picture was also decorated onto the big cake.  The hat was adorned with the same frog.  Even the bounce house was on theme, right?  And yes, I even found a little smocked froggie jumper for her to wear!


No comments: