Sunday, January 25, 2015

Tiny Texans Play 'Winter!'

Last weekend our neighborhood hosted it's annual Snow Day at the park.  Yes, when you live in Houston, you must make your own opportunities to go sledding.  But in all fairness, the same method was used in Ohio to allow me to go "skiing" with ski club in middle school, and Facebook showed me pictures of Ohioans using a similar man-made sledding hill in Downtown Columbus this week.  So...give it a rest!

Just like last year, Sam loved the sledding hill and Annabelle hated it.  I forced her to go down with me once and then she was all over the snacks and asking people to go play on the playground with her.  Chris and I took turns standing in line for over an hour so that Sam and his buddies could go over and over and over again.




He had a blast running into so many friends from school.  Bonus points for public, neighborhood schools!


And when you're 5, sledding is more fun when you get to crash at the end.




I keep having thoughts that we need to take our kids on winter-type vacation, but in all honestly I'm now in no rush.  I would not enjoy myself at all if I had to spend the whole time trying to convince my daughter that she was having fun!

No comments: