Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Shower

Last weekend (January 28th) three of my dear friends threw me a baby shower! To be specific, it was a diaper and casserole shower. Quite perfect for a second-time mom-to-be who doesn't need a bunch of equipment and supplies, don't you think? I came home with lots of little diapers (they look so tiny compared to the ones Sam was using a few months ago!), tons of wipes, and several yummy meals that now sit in my freezer awaiting the day when I just can't get my act together to get to the grocery store or to cook. I was even surprised with a few "cute" items - some new PJs, blankets, etc. All in lovely, gender-neutral pallets of course.

I forgot my camera, so there are very few pictures of the event. This one of me and my mom (who was in town visiting and got to join us!) was taken on a phone, so I apologize for the quality. But I can tell you that my guests and I dined on a lovely brunch of egg casserole, berries and pound cake before diving into the oh-so-adorable Beatrix Potter cake. Isn't it the cutest! And the little veggies cupcakes make me believe that they are actually healthy. Ha!

The guests also played a game to see how well they knew me. They each took turns answering multiple choice questions about my childhood, with answers provided by my mother. I didn't even know the answer to one of them - turns out I came home from the hospital in a purple dress. It was fun to see how well people knew me.

Thank you Gayle, Mary and Julie for making me feel so special and cared-for as I await the arrival of baby number 2!

1 comment:

Kim (Benson) Glover said...

Congratulations on number 2 coming soon. I talked to your mom back in October and heard you were expecting. I wish you the best of luck.