Monday, May 18, 2015

#MarryMeri

Meri is getting Married!  What better way to celebrate than with a bachelorette weekend, right?  And it was very important to some of the more-up-to-date-with-technology guests that we have an appropriate hashtag with which to capture all of the pictures from the weekend.  #MarryMeri.

We thought we were going to venture to Catskills, NY but we ended up with a lovely weekend in the Finger Lakes region of New York instead.  Meri's sister Melissa (she's 6 years older than us and I finally confessed to her that I was afraid of her when she was a teenager.  Now are kids are exactly the same ages!) put a lot of planning into the weekend.  I appreciated it immensely - not just because it was a lovely plan, but because I didn't have to do ANY OF THE PLANNING!  I literally bought a plane ticket and wrote a check at the end of the weekend.  I even woke up on Saturday morning to a pot of hot coffee and a friend offering me a plate of fresh-off-the griddle strawberry pancakes.  I literally asked if it was Mother's Day.  THAT my friends, is a vacation!

This weekend took the place of our yearly "girls reunion trip" that my high school friends and I make a point of doing together.  Megan, Heather and I all made a point to be there, but there were 15 of us total!  No shock that Meri has so many friends from so many life stages that are willing to travel to celebrate her.  So it was an interesting mix of reconnecting with my old and dear friends while getting to know lots of brand new people. 

On Saturday night, due to numbers and bed sizes, Megan and Heather and I all shared a king sized bed.  And we slept great, never crowding each other.  And I wondered...is it easy to share a bed with these women because we used to sleep on each others' basement and bedroom floors as girls?


Check out was at 11 and the three of us booked a 5pm flight - yes, we were all on the same flight.  There were literally 4 or 5 flights out of the Ithaca airport that day - so we had some time to explore Ithaca.  In case you're wondering: there is NOTHING to explore in Ithaca before 1pm on Sunday.

I am thankful that my husband was willing to take a day off of work so that I could go (first time he's ever been "in charge" on a school day!), and I am thankful for all the planners and cooks that took care of me.  And I am thankful that I'll get to see these girls again in just a few weeks!  #MarryMeri

**I had a several hour layover in the Detroit airport on Friday.  I was beyond pumped to find Max & Erma's and to order my favorite lunch!

No comments: